Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

THE BEAVER REVIEW (RADIO EDIT)

Okay, Sexual innuendo’s aside, I can’t take this title seriously. This sounds like a children’s movie. Unfortunately however, this is not a light hearted romp, and instead is a dark look at the American family. The plot centers on a man that adopts a beaver puppet to help him through his recent depression. I must say that this sounds interesting, and casting Mel Gibson as a mentally deranged CEO had me giggling inside. Let’s be honest though, the movie has no logical direction it wants to go. Subplots are shot off left and right, and I had no clue what the hell was really going on. Hipster kid I don’t care about, stupid bitch who's brother OD'd, and random information are thrown out that influence the story at all. This is a terribly forgettable movie, and I left feeling like my $8 could have gone to better use. I can see they tried, but the movie tries to take itself much too seriously. I mean, it’s called “The Beaver”, how can you take that shit seriously. Final Verdict: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment