Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

My Life (RANT) - Relationships

Relationships are tricky. Usually when people talk about relationships they are talking about sexual relationships; the bonding of two individuals, and their hormonal love for one another. There are also platonic relationships you have and encounter in your daily life. You have relationships with your parents, your friends, your teachers... i think you get the point.
This conversation will be on the former, and not the latter. I, unlike many of my peers did not naturally gravitate towards the traditional relationship, and thus, did not mature like many of my peers. Like many late bloomers, however, I was eager to make up for lost time (I stole that line from Hitch :P) I did not have a girlfriend until I was in 7th grade. She was... alright. Pleasant to be around, and aesthetically pleasing if you catch my drift. We dated for about 2 months, and she then decided to break up with me. If I can be entirely frank. It wasn't me, it was her. I tried, good god, believe me I tried to be a good boyfriend, but whenever I'd extend my arm and ask her to hold my hand, she'd look at me as if I had 3 heads. Needless to say, I still felt badly about the whole breakup thing, especially the fact that she asked one of my friends to tell me. >:( Shit sucked, and I became depressed for a couple of days. I remember the day she broke up with me, my Grandmother and I went out to Barns and Noble and bought Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind, and I've loved the movie ever since, it really helped ease the pain. Time passed, and I didn't really try to get a girlfriend, but I did gain some friends that were girls. I'll keep their names anonymous for now, because I haven't asked them for permission, and most likely wouldn't receive it. They were nice, and generally interested in what I did.  I, unfortunately, have a tenancy to fall in love with anyone that shows me the least bit of attention, and thusly, became infatuated with one of them. I've never told her, mainly because I'm in a relationship now, but I can't help but think that we'd be great together... but I digress.
So, 9th Grade flew by, and so did the summer. Coming back to school and seeing everyone's smiling face cheered me up. I was doing well in school, up until a nasty spell of sickness rendered me out of school for several days. Work was piling up, and I couldn't stand the pressure. I dropped out of many of my classes in order to ease the workload, but to this day, it hasn't helped much. Going back to the main point, I recently found out that one of my female friends was attracted to me, and she had kept it a secret for some time. Now, mind you, I'm not the type of person who is mean spirited, but I had been a royal bastard to her. She didn't deserve it, and we gradually became a couple. Brief side note: I fucking hate the term couple, it signifies the unity of two, and I'm not exactly jumping on the whole couple's bandwagon. She asked me once if I felt she was too clingy, and I responded "of course not!" I don't know how someone can be too clingy, but my only complaint is that maybe she could tone it down just a bit. Also, I'm always worried that she'll leave me for another person, because we don't spend much time with each other. Yet again, I've tried to have us get together, but she's always busy -_-
Wow, I have no clue why I just wasted my time writing that, I just had to vent...
thx for reading ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment